Current Amber Alerts For Missing Children

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Sleigh Bells Ring...are YOU listenin'?

After a grand total of 17 inches fell in the greater FM area, it was time to get out of the house, dig out the cars and get going. I went to work for a few hours to help out since there were still a few of my co-workers stuck in SD, MN, and the surrounding areas of ND.  With the radio blaring and the Pontiac scraping the snow on the road, I heard about the sleight rides! Yahoo! Something fun to do! So off the McKotch family went, to Viking Ship Park, located in Moorhead, MN...to which neither of the Kotschevar boys have ever been. We jumped on the sleigh and off we went...on a trail of white beauty.

He was getting anxious to get the ride going...






This was the sleigh that went ahead of us, bye bye!







This is the Cathedral that was rebuilt in the park



He could barely look away!















This is the top of the Cathedral



Mathisen got to pet the horses



All I really wanted to do was touch it...stupid sign.


Next we drove home...the streets lined with snow almost 4 feet high. It was a pretty sight...especially while dodging the snow blower streams and parked cars hidden by the whiteness.


Looking down 17th Ave in Fargo



This is the ginormous pile of snow outside the building next to us...that used to be a parking lot....


So that was our day...the sleigh bells ringing on the beautiful black horses, the Cathedral spotted in flakes and the dodging of snow and ice. It's been a crazy weekend...slow and crazy. New traditions have emerged from the storm and new outlooks. Up next is New Years...I wonder what kind of crazy resolutions I will set that I wont keep this year...but I know it'll be another picture perfect year...no matter what.

No comments: